The Garrett AT Gold Metal Detector is an excellent device that can be used for all types of treasure hunting, but that has a number of advanced features that are specific to hunt for gold, and it is probably one of the best metal detectors for gold bugs to get started with.
For example, the AT Gold operates at 18kHz which means your detection of gold nuggets, coins and relics is better than with a standard metal detector. Also, the search coil is submersible (up to 10 feet or 3 meters) so you can hunt gold in freshwater streams, rivers and lakes. Note: This detector is not recommended for salt water use. If you want to go salt water treasure hunting, try the Garrett AT Pro.
Garrett AT Gold Appearance
The AT Gold is all black and is in the standard metal detector s-shape design. It features a padded hand grip and adjustable arm strap. The stem is also adjustable to your height. A picture of the AT Gold Metal Detector is below:
$764.90Add to cart
Garrett AT Gold Display
This metal detector comes with an LCD display that is very easy to read. Above the LCD display is a legend that allows you to determine if your find is gold, or iron. All the settings for the device can be accessed via this console, including things like iron discrimination, pinpointing and setting your detection modes.
Dimensions & Warranty
- Length: 42” to 51” (1.06 m to 1.23 m)
- Weight: 2.6 lbs. (1.2 kg) includes batteries
- Warranty: 2 Year, Limited Parts/Labor
AT Gold Price
The Garret AT Gold is one of the best priced precious metals specific detectors on the market, however, if you are planning on doing things like coin shooting, there are better and cheaper options available.
If you are considering buying the Garret AT Gold Metal Detector and you have found our site informative/useful, please consider purchasing it through our website so we can continue producing more reviews for you. Thanks so much for your support 🙂
- Buy the Garrett AT Gold Metal Detector
- Garrett AT Gold Metal Detector
- 5″x8″ (14x20cm) PROformance Double-D submersible searchcoil.
$764.90Add to cart
Garrett AT Gold Searchcoils
The AT Gold comes with a large range of compatible search coils:
- 5″ x 8″ (14x20cm) PROformance DD submersible searchcoil
- 9″ x 12″ PROformance concentric searchcoil
- 8.5″ x 11″ PROformance DD submersible searchcoil
- 6.5″ x 9″ PROformance concentric searchcoil
- 4.5″ Super Sniper searchcoil
Top Features on the Garrett AT Gold
The AT Gold Metal Detector is designed to hunt gold. It has a number of features that support that design objective. These include:
- True All-Metal mode
- Digital Target Identification and One Touch Treasure Hunting modes
- Waterproof to 10 feet (3 meters) in freshwater
- 5” x 8” (14 x 20 cm) PROformance DD submersible coil
- High resolution iron discrimination
- Electronic target pinpointing
- MasterSound headphones (not waterproof)
- Pro audio mode
- 18 kHz operating frequency
Videos of the Garrett AT Gold Metal Detector
An excellent introduction to the Garrett AT Gold Metal Detector, including the video maker’s first gold find:
Another good review of this metal detector:
Issues / Problems
I only have 1 bad thing to say about the AT Gold, and that’s got to do with it’s lack of salt water detecting ability. Having said that, if you are planning on going treasure hunting in the water, you may as well pickup the AT Pro.
Final Verdict on the Garrett AT Gold Metal Detector
The Garrett AT Gold is great at finding gold (better than many of the other Garrett detectors), but it does come at a price. The AT Gold isn’t cheap, but it does include many cool features and if you are wanting to hunt precious metals then this is probably a very good place to start. It’s probably the cheapest serious gold detector I can think of that I would recommend. It’s not a Garrett ATX or the Minelab EQUINOX, but you’ll still find plenty of the same targets.
$764.90Add to cart