The Bounty Hunter Quick Silver Hobby Metal Detector gets 2nd place in our best beginner metal detectors. I really like this metal detector as a package as it comes with a handy pin pointer, which after you have been metal detecting for a while, you will understand just how useful these tools can be. I also like that the detector is super simple to use, so it is difficult to get confused if you are a novice.
This detector, like most detectors these days, has a preset ground balance to neutralize minerals in the ground. The Quick Silver features a great LCD display with 4 segment digital target identification and 3 tone feedback.
Amazon Rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars
Bounty Hunter QSIGWP Features:
- Requires Two 9-Volt Batteries
- Depth Detection: 8″ for coin-size objects; 3′ for large objects
- Operates on Two 9-Volt Alkaline Batteries (not included)
- Low Battery Indicator
- Visual Target System: LCD Display
- Preset Ground Balance: Neutralizes the response to ground mineral content
- Modes of Operation: Motion all-metal, progressive discrimination, and variable notch system
- Audio Feedback: Internal speaker or headphones (not included)
- 1/4″ Headphone Jack: Compatible with most headphones
- Lightweight: 2.8 lbs.
- Ergonomic: Adjustable height, padded armrest, S-rod system, detector stand
- Electrical Specs: 7 KHz
- Fully automatic ground balance with squelch-tech eliminates false signals
- Push-button discrimination and 1-touch depth control makes it easier to use
- Digital target identification display with 3-tone audio feedback for detection
- Easy-view LCD display is readable at varying distances for users tall and short
Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
The Bounty Hunter Quick Silver Hobby Metal Detector with Pinpointer is equipped with a preset ground balance, which neutralizes the response to mineral content in the ground. With, the Squelch-Tech, this detector eliminates false signals saving most of your time. The pinpointer helps in finding the exact location of buried metal objects. This automatic metal detector features a digital LCD display with four-segment digital target identification and three-tone audio feedback for accurate and easy identification of buried objects. The LCD display also gives you a clear view of the varying distances. With the push-button discrimination and one-touch depth control, this LCD metal detector is very easy to use.
Final Verdict on the Bounty Hunter QSIGWP Quick Silver
This is about the cheapest metal detector that you are going to find and it is an absolute beauty for those who are just starting out with metal detecting as a hobby. Bounty Hunter make excellent entry model metal detectors and really price them competitively. Please do remember that this is a budget model and so you can’t expect all the bells and whistles like you get on some of the more advanced metal detectors.